How to maximise your house sale price
When selling your home, you want to get top dollar for it, right?
But what can you do to increase that price and make sure you get the most for your investment?
Well there are some very real and surprising ways to maximise your house sale price and make the most return.
The place to start to maximise your house sale price:
Work out your target audience. This is the most crucial step in developing your properties qualities. Work out who you want to sell to. Maybe your home is more directed to large families with young children, single parents with less children, young couples or solo young adults. Here are a few things to consider when deciding who your audience is:
- House size
- Number of bedrooms
- Location (property value in that area)
- Close facilities (schools, parks, bars…)
- Your price (your price will appeal to a certain audience)
How to use this information to maximise your house sale price.
Now that you know your audience there are a few specific things you can do to appeal to that audience.
Inexpensive modifications can be done that will make someone feel they can move in with ease. This is the best avenue to take. Make the house feel liveable for that audience from the get-go.
- For a large family home, maybe a play room or improved garden access
- For young individual’s security might matter, so fixing that fence or installing side doors could help. Extra parking is always a benefit too.
- For older people, maybe a shed or large garage with space to store their items.
- For young couples, maybe an easy to maintain garden situation would be best.
Some other suggestions to hit your target market and maximise your house sale price:
In your property advertisement give clear information on the local public facilities (particularly for family market).
Another wonderful way to maximise your house sale price is to invest a paintjob. This can change the whole feel of the house and can easily be targeted to an audience. Maybe brighter colours in certain rooms for families with young children. Maybe simpler colours for young couples or individuals. It’s up to you, but have a think about what fits best.
If you want more tips on how to maximise your house sale price take a look at what to do before selling your house. There are some helpful tips to get your house ready for the market.